Please book your flights on time as Venice is
the top world tourist destination.
Please read this information before planning your transportation method and trip to Venice.
***IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PASSENGERS***
- Cruise tickets will be sent to all passengers with confirmed reservation 30 days prior to departure (August 20th) by e-mail to the e-mail address that is provided during reservation process.
- Web check-in is possible 48h prior to departure but it is not mandatory.
- Recommended time for check-in: 3-4h before departure on September 20th (check-in closes 1,5h before departure). MSC Preziosa departs at 16:30 h, check-in closes at 15:00 h.
- MSC Preziosa will be docked on one of these terminals: ISONZO1 and ISONZO2, as shown on the map below. Nearest parking spaces are P4 or P5.
- Optimal time of check-out and disembarkation: 2-3h after arriving on September 27th.
- Prams and wheelchairs are always admitted
- MSC Cruises has a special arrangement with a car park at most ports of embarkation. There is a charge for this service. Guests are advised to phone in advance for reservations.
- More information about parking at Venice Cruise Terminals on following link
- We recommend that every passenger undertakes an adequate insurance policy which covers them sufficiently from the time the holiday has been confirmed as booked to the end of the cruise.
- Passengers must hold fully valid passports for the whole duration of the cruise and the expiry date must be at least 6 months after the return date. Certain countries insist on machine-readable and digital photo passports, especially Russia and USA.
- MSC or Organizer is not responsible for obtaining visas for any Passenger, this is the responsibility of the individual Passenger.
- More Useful information on following link
http://www.mscwebcheckin.com has been created to help ensure you get off to a flying start, speeding you through the embarkation process. Just switch on your computer and begin your voyage. It only takes a few seconds to enter the data from your identity documents and cruise ticket online!
Online check-in is now available and will be closed and finalized 48h before departure. If you have problems with checking in, please use different browser.
Important: on-line check-in does NOT allow you to go directly on-board but it speeds up the process of embarkation. The check-in must be made at the Cruise Terminal in Venice. At the Check-in desks, you will need to present the MSC Web Check-in form, cruise ticket and valid passports/identity cards.
Check-in online in 4 simple clicks:
1. Visit the http://www.mscwebcheckin.com site at least 48 hours prior to sailing;
2. Insert your booking information and you will find a personalized section to complete;
3. Fill in the compulsory fields relating to personal data and documents and then save the operation;
4. Print the documents to be attached to your ticket.
Please note that all passengers in the same cabin will need to register at the same time.
Embarkation begins at the time indicated on your cruise ticket. Check-in closes one and a half hour before the ship is due to depart. MSC Preziosa departs at 16:30 hours, which means that check-in closes at 15:00 hours. Plan your trip ahead so that you have enough time to check-in and embark the cruiser. Keep in mind that there will be a lot of people doing the same thing so please be patient as over 3000 people need to embark on the cruiser.
On embarkation, passengers should do as follows (in the order specified):
a) Deliver luggage to the designated staff, which will then have it sent directly to the passenger’s cabin. All bags should be labelled beforehand with the passenger’s name and surname, the name of the ship, the cabin number and the date and port of departure.
b) Go to the check-in desk with your cruise ticket and all personal travel documents required for your cruise.
c) After the document check, passengers will receive a Cruise Card. This is a magnetic card used for on-board payment of excursions, bar bills, laundry, in-cabin service, hairdresser, beauty centre, duty-free shops, photographer and service charge. To activate purchasing with the Cruise Card, passengers must either register their credit card or leave a cash sum. Personal cheques are not accepted. The following credit cards can be registered on-board: Visa, Visa Electron, Mastercard, Diners, JCB and American Express.
is served in the restaurants in two sittings. All SDEWES2014 participants and their accompanying persons are under a same SDEWES group code which has a later dinner (sitting) at 20:45h at Golden Lobster restaurant. However, for lunch
participants can choose to eat in any restaurant. Here you can see a list of all restaurants on board of MSC Preziosa: http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/Ships/MSC-Preziosa/Restaurant.aspx
and Briefings are held at the beginning of your cruise to ensure your familiarity with the safety equipment and evacuation procedures in case of an emergency. Their importance cannot be overemphasised.
Safety Drills are held upon embarkation from main cruise ports, while Safety Briefings are conducted for all newly-embarked guests joining the cruise in secondary ports.
As a safety precaution, Security staff may search Guests and their luggage and confiscate any item that the Company considers could risk the safety of Passengers, Crew of ship (such as arms, knives, boilers, irons etc.).
On board, staff reserves the right to remove any beverages present in passenger baggage. These will be returned the evening before disembarkation. Passengers are not permitted to bring unpackaged food on board.
on board all ships is supplied at a voltage of 110/220 V. Passengers may request electrical outlet adapters from the Information Office.
Please note that no heat-generating devices (like electric kettles, bottle warmer for babies, electric blanket, etc.) are allowed on board.
All on board purchases
are made with a dedicated Cruise Card
so there is no need to carry cash or credit card as all charges are simply added to your card. All services not included in the cruise price shall be paid at the end of the cruise, along with gratuities (7 € per person per night). Therefore, there is no need to tip the staff. Upon embarking, passengers are advised to leave a credit card imprint in order to immediately settle the bill at the end of the cruise. The on board currency is Euro (€). For example, meals in buffet/seated restaurants or performance attendance is free for passengers for all on board performances, but Wi-Fi, excursions, beverage packages, photos, SPA services and specialty restaurants are all charged extra and paid at the end of the cruise.
Here is the link with current position of MSC Preziosa: http://www.seascanner.com/schiffsposition.php?schiff=Preziosa
For all additional information, please consult MSC Cruises website